- Open the door to new relationships
- Improve physical health
- Improve psychological health
- Enhance empathy and reduce aggression
- Lead to better sleep
- Improve self esteem
- Increase mental strength
There are lots of ways you can keep a gratitude journal. It'll probably be no surprise to you that I've decided to keep mine in Evernote. Some advantages of journaling in Evernote are:
- Since Evernote is on your phone, tablet, and computer, it's always with you. That means you can capture gratitude in the moment, instead of waiting for a dedicated journaling time.
- All of your notes will be in one place, and are easily searchable.
- Evernote is flexible. You can add photos and audio, as well as text. This Thanksgiving, why not snap a picture of friends and relatives and record a message from them in their own voice?
It's easy to start a gratitude journal in Evernote. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Create a new notebook (for example, call it "Gratitude Journal")
- Each day, create a new note, and add the date to the note or in the note title
- Use bulleted lists to add new items
If you don't already have Evernote, you can get a free trial of Evernote Premium using this link.
If you found this article helpful, please join my mail list. I’ll send you my free ebook and update you as new material is available.